You can find all the information you need about travelling by Deutsche Bahn at www.bahn.de.
RLV-Special trains to Hanover
Local transport Hanover
If you are travelling from Hanover Central Station, you can reach the exhibition grounds (North Entrance) in 20 minutes by taking tram line 8 or E (intensifier). At the main station, follow the blue signs marked "U". Alternatively, you can take the S-Bahn S4 to the exhibition grounds (Hannover Messe/ Laatzen).
The admission ticket to AGRITECHNICA is not a KombiTicket for free travel on local public transport. However, Verkehrsverbund Großraum-Verkehr Hannover (GVH) offers tickets for exhibitors and permanent visitors from the first to the last day of the trade fair via the GVH app.
Selected long-distance and regional trains as well as regional trains RE2 from Metronom (timetable) and RE10 from erixx (timetable) stop directly at the "Hannover Messe/Laatzen" trade fair station during AGRITECHNICA. From there it is a 5-minute walk to the West 1 entrance.
FlixTrain also offers train connections to Hannover. Some lines take you directly to the Laatzen trade fair station or to Hanover main station. There is also the possibility to use FlixBus for your journey.
Arrive relaxed - travel sustainably
With the Deutsche Bahn event ticket from just € 51.90 (one way)
That special extra for you. Your Event Ticket* at a single nationwide price, available at every DB station.
Event Ticket for a single journey, (subject to availability).
|One specific connection||On all connections|
|2nd class: 51.90 €|
1st class: 84.90 €
2nd class: 72.90 €
* This ticket does not include the entrance to the trade show AGRITECHNICA!
** If you would like assistance to complete your booking, click here. If you have any technical questions regarding the booking process, simply call +49 (0) 30 58 60 20 901. Our service team is available daily from 8am - 8pm. Calls cost EUR 0.20 from a German landline, and max. EUR 0.60 per call from a mobile network.
Recommended navigation system:
Please use the recommended navigation system. Simply download the NUNAV app to your mobile phone for free. Instead of an address, enter AGRITECHNICA. Every user of the NUNAV app receives an individual driving recommendation, which is always coordinated with all other road users. This actively prevents traffic jams.
You can also find the NUNAV route planner here >> on our website.
You can reach the exhibition grounds directly via the A2 and A7 motorways and then via the A37 and the Messeschnellweg (B3 / B6). AGRITECHNICA is already indicated on the motorways. Please follow the NUNAV app or these signs!
A number of different parking lots are available for visitors.
To the price list...
For the latest traffic information, please visit www.vmz-niedersachsen.de.
Environmental Emission Zone
In order to improve the air quality and reduce fine dust contamination levels, Hanover has introduced signposted official emission zones. Only vehicles carrying an official permit (disc-shaped sticker) are allowed to drive in these zones. The Exhibition Grounds are located outside Hanover’s emission zone. However, as of 1 January 2009 a green official permit is necessary to drive in large parts of the city.
More detailed information about emission zones and official permits can be found on the website of TÜV-Nord. You can order your official permit online there or buy one at any TÜV station or motor vehicle registration point.
Deutsche Messe's campground is a cost-effective alternative for your overnight stays.
Find details about the campground, see here .
Please make your reservation at email@example.com or by phone at: +49 511 8933595.
All traffic regulations for Agritechnica 2023 are summarized here.
Early stand construction
The following information applies to all exhibitors who have applied to the DLG exhibition management for early set-up (November 3, 2023 and earlier):
Please note the public holidays with restrictions for trucks > 7.5 tons on Tuesday (October 31, 2023) in Lower Saxony and on Wednesday (November 1, 2023) in North Rhine-Westphalia, from midnight to 10 p.m.
If you plan to drive to the exhibition grounds with a truck > 7.5 tons during these periods, you must apply for an exemption from the Sunday driving ban from the responsible road traffic authority.
Setup and event
During the set-up (November 4 – 11, 2023) as well as the event period (November 12 – 18, 2023) the "important notice on vehicle admission" apply. Please note that the regulations can be adjusted depending on the traffic situation in and around the exhibition grounds.
We kindly ask you to be aware of the following changes during the dismantling period and plan accordingly.
Reorganization of the entrance to the exhibition center after the event
On Saturday (November 18, 2023) it is expected that the exhibition grounds will be opened from 9 p.m. to midnight, but only for vehicles up to 7.5 tons. After that, no access to the exhibition grounds will be granted until Sunday (November 19, 2023) at 6:00 a.m. Attention: Trucks > 7.5 tons are not allowed to drive in on Saturday (November 18, 2023).
On Sunday (November 19, 2023) it will be possible to drive onto the exhibition grounds again from 6 a.m. Trucks > 7.5 tons drive through the truck checkpoint to the exhibition grounds (Parking area 45). For vehicles < 3.5 tons, the interim regulation applies (similar to the set-up period), also on Monday (November 20, 2023) from 7 a.m. to around 6 p.m.
In coordination with the road traffic authorities, the Sunday driving ban will be canceled on Sunday (November 19, 2023) for the route from the truck checkpoint to / from the exhibition grounds. If you plan to continue your journey on Sunday, you must apply for a special permit from the responsible authority.
Please use the recommended navigation system! Download the NUNAV App on to your mobile phone easily and free of charge. Instead of an address please enter AGRITECHNICA. Information about traffic corridors and individual routing recommendations can now be transmitted directly to bus companies via the NUNAV Bus app.
Users of the NUNAV and NUNAV Bus apps can retrieve individual routing recommendations that are being constantly updated in line with the current traffic situation. This is an active traffic jam prevention scheme.
Hanover can be reached with scheduled and charter flights within Germany and from abroad. Information on this can also be found at www.hannover-airport.de. From Hanover Airport you can get to the Hanover Exhibition Ground by public transport or the AGRITECHNICA shuttle service.
With suburban railway line S5 to Hanover main station (travel time approx. 15 minutes). Where to change alternatively to:
- Subway/tram line U8 or U18 (trade fair/north), travel time approx. 20 minutes or
- Suburban railway line S4 or regional trains (Hannover Messe / Laatzen, West 1)
Direct shuttle bus link:
Alternatively, an exclusive AGRITECNICA-shuttle service will be available throughout the trade fair period for EUR 25 each way. The shuttle bus, which is not bound to a schedule, will run as required. Information on the shuttle bus can be found at Hanover Airport in the arrivals area of all three terminals and at the trade fair grounds in the West 1 entrance area. For further information and bookings, see: www.bfmhaj.com/messeshuttle
Take the ferry to Travemünde
Coming from Skandinavia but also starting your visit to AGRITECHNICA carefree and relaxed. With a fleet of nine ferries, TT-Line will take you safely and comfortably across the Baltic Sea.
You want to travel in an environmentally friendly way?
With the new Green Ships Nils Holgersson and Peter Pan, TT-Line has two environment-friendly and future-oriented ferries in regular service on the Baltic Sea. These LNG-powered ferries sustainably improve passengers' travel experience and at the same time set the new standard in terms of emission reduction in the ferry industry. Find out more about TT-Lines' Green Ships.
Do you want to travel economically?
Take advantage of TT-Line's special deal and get a 10% discount on the ticket price during the travel period 1.11.-30.11.
Continue your journey to AGRITECHNICA in Hanover on your own by train, bus or car.
Entry regulations when travelling from abroad
- Federal Foreign Office information about entry, testing and quarantine regulations in Germany:
- Ordinance on Coronavirus Entry Regulations / Federal Ministry of Health
- Here you find current general information of the AUMA, the Association of the German Trade Fair Industry, on entry requirements for trade fair participants from abroad
Regulations for re-entering your country of origin
Please obtain information from the authorities in your country of origin in good time concerning the modalities applicable on re-entering the country.
The criteria for the new Messe Selected Hotel Program were developed in cooperation between Deutsche Messe AG and DEHOGA Region Hannover e.V. in order to further increase the attractiveness of Hannover as a trade fair location and to provide exhibitors and visitors with planning security, professional service and balanced offers, even in times of high demand for hotel rooms.Messe Selected Hotels are selected hotel companies that commit themselves to fair conditions and ensure a high quality of stay.
The criteria for Messe Selected Hotels are set for three years at a time and only hotels that accept these criteria are allowed to operate under the name "Messe Selected Hotel".
We recommend that our exhibitors and visitors book directly with the hotel or book through the accommodation service of Hannover Marketing und Tourismus GmbH.
Get more information about the criteria of the Messe Selected Hotels. Select your Messe Selected Hotel according to the hotel categories.
- CityHotel am Thielenplatz, Hannover
- City Hotel Königstrasse, Hannover
- Cityhotel Thüringer Hof, Hannover
- City Hotel Hannover
- Novotel Suites Hannover City
- Hotel Plaza Hannover
- Hotel in Herrenhausen, Hannover
- Premier Inn Hannover City University Hotel
- Hotel Kleefelder Hof, Hannover
- GHOTEL hotel & living, Hannover
- Ibis Hotel Hannover Medical Park
- B&B Hotel Hannover-Lahe
- Hotel Münkel, Hannover
- Best Western Hotel Der Föhrenhof, Hannover
- ProMesse Hotel/ Hannover, Laatzen
- Hotel Haase, Laatzen
- Hotel NearBy, Laatzen
- Kretschmann Hotel am Kamp, Laatzen
- Hotel Westerfeld & Apartments, Hemmingen
- Hotel Sarstedter Hof, Sarstedt
- Hotel Jägerhof Langenhagen GmbH, Langenhagen
- Hotel Hennies, Isernhagen
- Ibis Styles Hildesheim
- Heidekönig Hotel Celle
- Schapers Hotel & Restaurant, Celle
- Hotel Café Papenhof, Elze
- Apart Hotel Sehnde, Sehnde
- Hotel Sehnder Hof, Sehnde
- Hotel & Restaurant Bei Baki, Sehnde-Bilm
- Hotel zur Linde in Pattensen
- Landhotel Behre, Lehrte
- Landgasthof Voltmer, Burgdorf
- Hotel zur Börse, Hameln
- Morada Hotel Gifhorn
- Morada Hotel Isetal, Gifhorn
- Hotel Weserschlößchen, Nienburg
- Klosterhotel Wöltingerode, Goslar
- Hotel Niedersachsen - Honiebo GmbH, Goslar
- Hotel Im Tannengrund, Wolfshagen im Harz
- Hotel Goethe Haus, Bad Pyrmont
- Best Western Premier Parkhotel Kronsberg, Hannover
- Central-Hotel Kaiserhof, Hannover
- Hotel Königshof am Funkturm Business 4*, Hannover
- Congress Hotel am Stadtpark Hannover
- COURTYARD by Marriott Hannover Maschsee
- Designhotel + CongressCentrum Wienecke XI., Hannover
- FORA Hotel Hannover
- Grand Hotel Mussmann, Hannover
- Grand Palace Hotel Hannover
- Hotel Wegner, Langenhagen
- Hotel Savoy Hannover
- IntercityHotel Hannover
- IntercityHotel Hannover Hauptbahnhof-Ost
- Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover
- Mercure Hotel am Entenfang Hannover
- Mercure Hotel Hannover City
- Mercure Hotel Hannover Medical Park
- Mercure Hotel Hannover Mitte
- Mercure Hotel Hannover Oldenburger Allee
- NH Hannover
- Novotel Hannover
- Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel
- Wyndham Hannover Atrium
- Parkhotel Bilm**** im Glück, Sehnde
- Van der Valk Hotel Hildesheim
- Novotel Hildesheim
- Morada Hotel Heidesee Gifhorn
- Leine Hotel GmbH, Pattensen
- Hotel Stadt Hameln
- Hotel Kastanienhof, Bad Münder
- Hotel Freizeit In, Göttingen
- Hotel am See Gästehaus der Salzgitter AG, Salzgitter
- COURTYARD by Marriott Wolfsburg
- COURTYARD by Marriott Bremen
- AKZENT Hotels Parkhotel Ahrbergen, Giesen
Hanno Fair Events GmbH & Co. KG
Frau Anette Burgdorf
+49 (0) 5321 3588021
Hannover Marketing & Tourismus GmbH
Trade fair rooms, private flats and houses
Hannover Marketing & Tourismus GmbH