Travel information and accommodation
Our competent partners will assist you to find an adequate hotel or private accommodation in Hanover and surroundings.
How to get here
Selected regional and long-distance as well as regional trains (Metronom und erixx) will also include an extra stop directly at the Exhibition Grounds in Hanover/Messe Laatzen. From the train station it's a 5-minute walk to the entrance "West 1".
If you require further information about traveling with Deutsche Bahn please visit www.bahn.de.
FlixTrain offers also train connections to Hanover. Some train connections take you directly to the fair train station Laatzen or to the Hanover main train station. FlixBus may be a good travel option as well.
Local public transport in Hanover
If you are travelling from Hanover Central Station you can take a suburban train (Stadtbahn), lines 8 or 18. The journey takes 20 minutes. At the Central Station follow the blue signs marked "U". You can also use the suburban train (S-Bahn) lines S 8 and S4 to the Exhibition Grounds.
The entrance ticket to AGRITECHNICA is not a combination ticket for free travel by public transport. However, the transport association Großraum-Verkehr Hannover (GVH) offers tickets for exhibitors and permanent visitors from the first to the last day of the fair.
Arrive relaxed - travel sustainably
With the Deutsche Bahn event ticket from just € 51.90 (one way)
That special extra for you. Your Event Ticket* at a single nationwide price, available at every DB station.
Event Ticket for a single journey, (subject to availability).
|One specific connection||On all connections|
|2nd class: 51.90 €|
1st class: 84.90 €
2nd class: 72.90 €
Buy your Rail Exclusive-Deal now
* This ticket does not include the entrance to the trade show AGRITECHNICA!
** If you would like assistance to complete your booking, click here. If you have any technical questions regarding the booking process, simply call +49 (0) 30 58 60 20 901. Our service team is available daily from 8am - 8pm. Calls cost EUR 0.20 from a German landline, and max. EUR 0.60 per call from a mobile network.
Recommended navigation system:
Please use the recommended navigation system. Simply download the NUNAV app to your mobile phone for free. Instead of an address, enter AGRITECHNICA 2019.
Every user of the NUNAV app receives an individual driving recommendation, which is always coordinated with all other road users. This actively prevents traffic jams.
Using navigation systems:
You can reach the exhibition grounds directly via the A2 and A7 highways and then via the A37 and the exhibition grounds expressway (B3 / B6). Enter “Kronsbergstrasse” as destination if you are travelling from the south, and “Hermesallee” if you are travelling from the north.
If you are using your standard navigation system despite this, please switch it off when you are close to the Fairgrounds and follow the signs.
A number of different parking lots are available for visitors.
To the price list...
Environmental Emission Zone
In order to improve the air quality and reduce fine dust contamination levels, Hanover has introduced signposted official emission zones. Only vehicles carrying an official permit (disc-shaped sticker) are allowed to drive in these zones. The Exhibition Grounds are located outside Hanover’s emission zone. However, as of 1 January 2009 a green official permit is necessary to drive in large parts of the city.
More detailed information about emission zones and official permits can be found on the website of TÜV-Nord. You can order your official permit online there or buy one at any TÜV station or motor vehicle registration point.
Deutsche Messe's campground is a cost-effective alternative for your overnight stays.
Find details about the campground, see here .
Please make your reservation at email@example.com or by phone at: +49 511 8933595.
Please use the recommended navigation system! Download the NUNAV App on to your mobile phone easily and free of charge. Instead of an address please enter AGRITECHNICA. Information about traffic corridors and individual routing recommendations can now be transmitted directly to bus companies via the NUNAV Bus app.
Users of the NUNAV and NUNAV Bus apps can retrieve individual routing recommendations that are being constantly updated in line with the current traffic situation. This is an active traffic jam prevention scheme.
Hanover can be reached with scheduled and charter flights within Germany and from abroad. Information on this can also be found at www.hannover-airport.de. From Hanover Airport you can get to the Hanover Exhibition Ground by public transport or the AGRITECHNICA shuttle service.
With suburban railway line S5 to Hanover main station (travel time approx. 15 minutes). Where to change alternatively to:
- Subway/tram line U8 or U18 (trade fair/north), travel time approx. 20 minutes or
- Suburban railway line S4, S8 or regional trains (Hannover Messe / Laatzen, West 1)
Direct shuttle bus link:
Alternatively, an exclusive AGRITECNICA-shuttle service will be available throughout the trade fair period for EUR 25 each way. The shuttle bus, which is not bound to a schedule, will run as required. Information on the shuttle bus can be found at Hanover Airport in the arrivals area of all three terminals and at the trade fair grounds in the West 1 entrance area. For further information and bookings, see: www.bfmhaj.com/messeshuttle
Entry regulations when travelling from abroad
- Federal Foreign Office information about entry, testing and quarantine regulations in Germany:
- Ordinance on Coronavirus Entry Regulations / Federal Ministry of Health
- Here you find current general information of the AUMA, the Association of the German Trade Fair Industry, on entry requirements for trade fair participants from abroad
Regulations for re-entering your country of origin
Please obtain information from the authorities in your country of origin in good time concerning the modalities applicable on re-entering the country.
Book your accommodation right here
The criteria for the new Messe Selected Hotel Program were developed in cooperation between Deutsche Messe AG and DEHOGA Region Hannover e.V. in order to further increase the attractiveness of Hannover as a trade fair location and to provide exhibitors and visitors with planning security, professional service and balanced offers, even in times of high demand for hotel rooms.Messe Selected Hotels are selected hotel companies that commit themselves to fair conditions and ensure a high quality of stay.
The criteria for Messe Selected Hotels are set for three years at a time and only hotels that accept these criteria are allowed to operate under the name "Messe Selected Hotel".
We recommend that our exhibitors and visitors book directly with the hotel or book through the accommodation service of Hannover Marketing und Tourismus GmbH.
Get more information about the criteria of the Messe Selected Hotels. Select your Messe Selected Hotel according to the hotel categories.
- CityHotel am Thielenplatz, Hannover
- City Hotel Königstrasse, Hannover
- Cityhotel Thüringer Hof, Hannover
- City Hotel Hannover
- Novotel Suites Hannover City
- Hotel Plaza Hannover
- Hotel in Herrenhausen, Hannover
- Premier Inn Hannover City University Hotel
- Hotel Kleefelder Hof, Hannover
- GHOTEL hotel & living, Hannover
- Ibis Hotel Hannover Medical Park
- B&B Hotel Hannover-Lahe
- Hotel Münkel, Hannover
- Best Western Hotel Der Föhrenhof, Hannover
- ProMesse Hotel/ Hannover, Laatzen
- Hotel Haase, Laatzen
- Hotel NearBy, Laatzen
- Kretschmann Hotel am Kamp, Laatzen
- Hotel Westerfeld & Apartments, Hemmingen
- Hotel Sarstedter Hof, Sarstedt
- Hotel Jägerhof Langenhagen GmbH, Langenhagen
- Hotel Hennies, Isernhagen
- Ibis Styles Hildesheim
- Heidekönig Hotel Celle
- Schapers Hotel & Restaurant, Celle
- Hotel Café Papenhof, Elze
- Apart Hotel Sehnde, Sehnde
- Hotel Sehnder Hof, Sehnde
- Hotel & Restaurant Bei Baki, Sehnde-Bilm
- Hotel zur Linde in Pattensen
- Landhotel Behre, Lehrte
- Landgasthof Voltmer, Burgdorf
- Hotel zur Börse, Hameln
- Morada Hotel Gifhorn
- Morada Hotel Isetal, Gifhorn
- Hotel Weserschlößchen, Nienburg
- Klosterhotel Wöltingerode, Goslar
- Hotel Niedersachsen - Honiebo GmbH, Goslar
- Hotel Im Tannengrund, Wolfshagen im Harz
- Hotel Goethe Haus, Bad Pyrmont
- Best Western Premier Parkhotel Kronsberg, Hannover
- Central-Hotel Kaiserhof, Hannover
- Hotel Königshof am Funkturm Business 4*, Hannover
- Congress Hotel am Stadtpark Hannover
- COURTYARD by Marriott Hannover Maschsee
- Designhotel + CongressCentrum Wienecke XI., Hannover
- FORA Hotel Hannover
- Grand Hotel Mussmann, Hannover
- Grand Palace Hotel Hannover
- Hotel Wegner, Langenhagen
- Hotel Savoy Hannover
- IntercityHotel Hannover
- IntercityHotel Hannover Hauptbahnhof-Ost
- Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover
- Mercure Hotel am Entenfang Hannover
- Mercure Hotel Hannover City
- Mercure Hotel Hannover Medical Park
- Mercure Hotel Hannover Mitte
- Mercure Hotel Hannover Oldenburger Allee
- NH Hannover
- Novotel Hannover
- Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel
- Wyndham Hannover Atrium
- Parkhotel Bilm**** im Glück, Sehnde
- Van der Valk Hotel Hildesheim
- Novotel Hildesheim
- Morada Hotel Heidesee Gifhorn
- Leine Hotel GmbH, Pattensen
- Hotel Stadt Hameln
- Hotel Kastanienhof, Bad Münder
- Hotel Freizeit In, Göttingen
- Hotel am See Gästehaus der Salzgitter AG, Salzgitter
- COURTYARD by Marriott Wolfsburg
- COURTYARD by Marriott Bremen
- AKZENT Hotels Parkhotel Ahrbergen, Giesen
Bookings via our travel partners in Hanover
Hanno Fair Events GmbH & Co. KG
Frau Anette Burgdorf
+49 (0) 5321 3588021
Hannover Marketing & Tourismus GmbH
- Zimmervermittlung -
+49 (0)511 - 12345 555
+49 (0)511 81 21 44
Trade fair rooms, private flats and houses
+49 (0) 511 21388-388
+49 (0) 511 812144
Hannover Marketing & Tourismus GmbH
- Zimmervermittlung -
+49 (0)511 - 12345 555
Further accommodation on the exhibition grounds
An inexpensive alternative for your overnight stay is the caravan site of Deutsche Messe in the south of the exhibition grounds, opposite Hall 13. The site is in a quiet location. Accommodation is in mobile homes and caravans that you have brought or rented yourself. Sanitary facilities with showers, washing and WC facilities are available and shopping facilities are in the immediate vicinity of the exhibition grounds.
The daily fee depends on the length of the caravan/mobile home and ranges from EUR 27 to EUR 37 excluding water/electricity flat rate per site/night.
and get further information and contact details for caravan rental companies in the Hanover area.
Straight from bed to the fair and save money at the same time! Since 2018, My Molo has been running the Hannover Messe Camp on the official caravan site. This is located in the south of the exhibition grounds, opposite Hall 13 and only a 5-minute walk from the exhibition entrance. You will stay in camping lodges of approx. 8 square metres, each equipped with two single beds and a wardrobe. Electricity, heating and WIFI are available in the camping lodges. Toilets and showers, a reception with kiosk and a heated lounge area with kitchen are located on the site. A car parking place is on charge (16 euros/day) very close to the campsite.
The cost of a camping lodge is from 89.00 euros/night.