Sustainable management is the guiding principle in the organisation and implementation of the world's largest agricultural fair. To this end, DLG, as the organiser of AGRITECHNICA, relies on climate, environment and resource-friendly measures in its cooperation with partners, exhibitors and visitors. The focus is on energy, waste management, logistics, mobility and the catering trade.
With the support of the climate forest project "We Reforest", we also offer exhibitors and visitors new opportunities to improve their ecological footprint.
Greenest trade fair grounds in the world
The trade fair grounds in Hanover cover 160,000 m² of lawn, 90,000 m² of wooded area and 3,824 trees.
94 % recycling
Most of the waste generated during the event is recycled. Residual materials and hazardous waste are disposed of properly.
Certified food service*
Seasonal and regional catering, avoidance of disposable cutlery, recyclable and biodegradable packaging.
* According to ISO 14001 and ISO 50001
Intelligent transport and energy systems
Use of 100 % green electricity from hydropower (savings potential 18,000 t CO2 annually). Use of pure LED lighting in the exhibition halls by 2025.
Largely reusable stand construction materials for the full-service stand construction offers, including LED lighting. Use of the carpet tiles in the hall aisles for up to six additional trade fairs.
Largely paperless service management for exhibitors and visitors.
As part of AGRITECHNICA 2023, exhibitors and visitors will be offered new opportunities to actively engage in more sustainability:
The guide informs exhibitors about resource-saving measures in the planning and implementation of their trade fair presence.
- Use digital flyers with "DLG Mixie Points" and generate leads along the way.
- Instruct your stand builder to install recyclable carpet or reusable carpet tiles on your stand.
- Reduce stand construction materials wherever possible.
- Use stand modules that are reusable or easily recyclable materials.
- Check whether you can use packaging materials more than once.
- Check whether upcycling of corporate clothing is possible.
- Check whether it's possible to transport your machines under a cover rather than wrapped in film.
- Organise the journey of your employees by bus shuttle to Hanover and the trade fair grounds.
- Electromobility: Use the charging stations on the trade fair grounds.
- Use the new Green Voucher of our WeReforest project for your invitation management. At the same time, you are investing in climate-stable forest areas.
- Include a link to the public transport timetable in your visitor invitation.
- Use reusable dishes and cutlery.
- Also offer vegetarian crew catering.
- Hire a caterer who uses regional and seasonal products.
- Reduce your company's ecological footprint and support the diverse ecosystem services of our forests.
- Bookable from stand registration in the service area of the Exhibitor Service Portal.
- Draw attention to yourself and the project with the "WeReforest Label" for supporters of WeReforest.