Consistent results from the latest regular online survey consisting of 1,370 potential visitors to the world's leading trade fair for agricultural machinery - Six months ahead of trade fair, 94 percent are considering visiting AGRITECHNICA in Hanover - 58 percent of respondents already certain of their visit at the time of the survey - AGRITECHNICA leading platform for innovations - Great interest in the industry topics of the future
Six months ahead of the trade fair, visitor interest in AGRITECHNICA 2022 continues to grow. Around 94 percent of visitors surveyed are considering visiting the world's leading trade fair for agricultural machinery in Hanover, Germany. 58 percent are already certain that they will visit the trade fair that takes place in Hanover next year. Some 36 percent will decide within the next few months. These results are the outcome of the August survey, AGRITECHNICA Tracker, which regularly captures the international agricultural industry’s visitor intentions and their interests. Around 1,370 potential AGRITECHNICA visitors from Germany, Europe and other international agricultural regions, who had also taken part in the first round of the survey conducted in June, took part in this second online survey. AGRITECHNICA will take place in Hanover from 27 February to 5 March 2022. For optimal preparation for the world's leading trade fair, “AGRITECHNICA digital” will kick-off in November 2021.
"The positive trend in visitor intentions was confirmed in the second round of this running survey. The result shows how important it is for our visitors both to resume meetings with exhibitors in-person and to network in the industry face-to-face. Some 76 percent of visitors want to use AGRITECHNICA to discuss new products and trends directly with companies, while 68 percent are looking for personal discussions to plan investments. These figures impressively demonstrate AGRITECHNICA's status as the world's showcase for innovations and leading ‘in-person’ industry venue," says Freya von Czettritz, AGRITECHNICA Project Manager.
“The results of the survey clearly show the importance of AGRITECHNICA for international agriculture. The world's leading trade fair not only drives innovation and is a platform for investment decisions, but is also the leading international venue to discuss future topics in the industry personally on site. The current developments fill us with confidence and we are looking forward to a successful AGRITECHNICA 2022 ," said Arild Gjerde, Executive Vice President Sales & Marketing, Kverneland Group,
Farmers want to visit AGRITECHNICA 2022 in Hanover
- Asked about their current intentions to visit AGRITECHNICA 2022, 94 percent of respondents are considering visiting the trade fair. Comparing favourably to the June survey (55 percent), 58 percent are already certain as of August 2021 that they will visit the event next year. 36 percent (June survey: 41 percent) will decide within the next four to six months. While three percent did not want to give any information at this time, just three percent ruled out a visit to the trade fair next year.
- From Germany, Austria and Switzerland, 59 percent (June survey: 59 percent) of respondents are already planning their trip. From the rest of Western Europe the figures are: 61 percent (June survey: 54 percent) and from Eastern Europe, 66 percent (June survey: 60 percent) of respondents respectively.
- Visitor intentions outside Europe continue to depend strongly on the development of the Corona pandemic. Currently, 46 percent (June survey: 45 percent) are planning to travel to Hanover. Within the next four months, however, a further 42 percent intend to decide whether to visit AGRITECHNICA.
Safe Business concept meets visitors’ expectations
- The 3G rule, which in German means “vaccinated, tested or recovered”, and the hygiene concept that is planned for Agritechnica and regularly updated meet the expectations of the respondents. Some 85 percent of the respondents support the wearing of badges for contact tracing, 74 percent agree with wearing a face covering, while 72 percent support having rapid tests as required on the premises at the entrance of the exhibition grounds.
- Important prerequisites for visiting the fair are travel without quarantine regulations, a high number of people who are vaccinated or have recovered from the disease, as well as a strong hygiene concept.
- The further positive developments in the immunization program and the associated facilitation of international travel are decisive for visitors from other European countries and international agricultural regions.
Great interest in the industry topics of the future
The AGRITECHNICA Tracker also regularly monitors visitor interests in professional and exhibitor topics.
The respondents in this survey expressed interest in the following: Tractors (67 percent), harvesting technology (49 percent) technology for soil cultivation and tillage (48 percent), crop protection (32 percent) and fertilisation (49 percent), systems and components (38 percent), software solutions (29 percent).
However, there is also great interest in the major topics of the future in the agricultural sector. For example, visitors would like to discuss strategies and solutions on the topics of precision farming (54 percent), automation (50 percent) and sustainability/environmental protection (40 percent). Further topics that are becoming increasingly important for the future are electrification, autonomous driving and further developments in the field of robotics.
AGRITECHNICA Tracker - regular visitor survey
Around 1,370 respondents from Germany and abroad took part in the second online survey of the AGRITECHICA Tracker in August 2021. The respondents had already taken part in the first AGRITECHNICA Tracker survey in June. In addition to the intention to visit the world's leading trade fair in Hanover, the surveys focus on the relevance of hygiene measures as well as reasons for and interests in visiting the trade fair. The next round of surveys is planned for October.